PYRAN® Platinum is a 3/16" (5 mm) fire rated glazing material is a transparent glass-ceramic that is near optical quality with virtually no surface distortion. Pyran® Platinum is listed for use in non-impact safety rated locations such as transoms and borrowed lites with fire rating requirements up to 90 minutes.
PYRAN® Platinum uses an innovative, patented manufacturing process to produce an exceptional glass-ceramic specifically designed for the North American fire-rated glass market. And, this product is also the only firerated glass-ceramic that is made without the use of hazardous heavy metals *aresenic, antimony and barium*—so it is environmentally friendly! PYRAN® Platinum is tested and listed by UL, and is an outstanding replacement for wired glass.
Features & Benefits
- Fire rated for 20 to 180 minutes with hose stream
- Specially floated glass-ceramic
- Near optical quality with virtually no distortion
- Transparent and wireless
- Withstands thermal shock
- Applicable for use in fire rated frames with the same fire rating
- Tested to latest positive pressure standards as mandated by IBC and NFPA 5000
- Maximum sheet sizes: approximately 43" X 77"
- Multiple U.S. fabrication locations for fast delivery
- PYRAN® Platinum products can be insulated with 1/4", 1/2", or 3/8" stainless steel spacers. Call for additional information.